Can Black Tourmaline Go In Water? Here’s The Astounding Truth
Black Tourmaline is one of the most popular crystals in the world. It’s known for its purifying and protective powers, and many people use it to ward off negative energy or even bad luck.
But can the Black Tourmaline be placed in water?
This article will explore the answer to this question and provide tips on properly caring for these precious stones.
No worries; I will help you properly care for your crystal! Can Black Tourmaline go in water? I’ll share the answer to this question. On top of that, I will also share why you would even want to put a crystal in the water, if Black Tourmaline can go in salt water and more! Keep reading for the answers.
What Is Black Tourmaline?
Black Tourmaline is a powerful stone that has many benefits. It can help to protect you from negative energy, cleanse and purify your aura, and boost your spiritual well-being.
It is also a great stone for grounding and stability. It is said to absorb negative energy, cleanse and purify the aura, promote balance and harmony, and helps relieve stress, anxiety, and depression.
Additionally, black tourmaline is said to boost the immune system, improve circulation, and reduce inflammation. Overall, black tourmaline is an incredibly versatile stone with a wide range of benefits.
But can Black Tourmaline go in water? Let me dive right into it!
Can Black Tourmaline Go In Water?
A Black Tourmaline has a Mohs Hardness of 7 – 7.5. A stone less than six is considered a “soft” stone.
The Mohs Hardness scale indicates scratch resistance and durability. It’s often used to decide whether a stone should or shouldn’t come in contact with water.
In this case, There’s no delicate component of the stone’s unique chemical composition.
Based on this, Black Tourmaline can go in the water, meaning it will not dissolve in water. This makes it safe to use in many applications where water is present.
However, it’s always a good idea to remember that long soaks may have negative effects, especially over time.
Will Black Tourmaline Dissolve In Water?
A Black Tourmaline will not dissolve in water.
Why Would You Put Black Tourmaline In Water?
So, why would you even put Black Tourmaline in water? Putting your stone in the water might feel wrong to many people because it’s not something they are familiar with. However, it’s fairly common in healing circles.
Gemstones have powerful properties, but over time, their ability to hold bad energy weakens and so they need to get recharged to benefit from their healing properties.
The more you use your Black Tourmaline, the more it needs to be cleaned to remove the negative energy it collected over the months.
But, why exactly does water enhance the power of Black Tourmaline? Water is a fantastic source of healing and has the power to revive even the most used stones!
Stones also have their energy field that needs to be recharged (just like us)….so putting them in water for a soak is an excellent way to return them stones to life!
Can Black Tourmaline Go In Salt Water?
Black Tourmaline can not go in salt water for an extended time.
Can Black Tourmaline Go In Himalayan Salt?
Yes, Black Tourmaline can be placed in Himalayan salt.
Can Black Tourmaline Go In Moon Water?
Yes, black tourmaline can be placed in moon water. It is said to be especially powerful when combined with the moon’s energy.
Can Black Tourmaline Go With You In The Shower Or A Bath?
Yes, Black Tourmaline can go in the shower or take a bath with you.
The Best Way To Cleanse Black Tourmaline
It’s best to cleanse a Black Tourmaline. Follow these quick steps:
1. Smudge the black tourmaline with sage, sweetgrass, or other sacred herbs. Light the herb of your choice and waft the smoke over the crystal while focusing on your intention to cleanse and purify it.
2. Place your crystal in a bowl of sea salt for 24 hours. Make sure that all crystal sides are completely submerged in the saltwater solution.
3. Rinse off the black tourmaline under running water and allow it to air dry. This will help to release any negative energy absorbed by the stone during its cleansing process.
4. After it has dried, place your crystal in direct sunlight or moonlight for several hours on a day when there is no cloud cover. This will energize and recharge your crystal with positive vibrations from nature’s elements.
For more information on cleansing your Black Tourmaline, read this guide.
The Best Way To Charge Black Tourmaline
It’s best to charge a Black Tourmaline now and then. Follow these quick steps:
1. Place your black tourmaline in a safe spot outdoors, such as on a windowsill or in the garden.
2. Leave it out overnight so it can absorb the moon’s and stars’ energy.
3. Bring your crystal back inside and place it on a bed of sea salt or next to a bowl of sea salt for at least four hours to help cleanse and purify its energy.
4. After four hours, remove the crystal from the salt and place it on an altar or another flat surface where you can hold it comfortably while focusing your intention on the stone.
5. Visualize a bright white light entering your crown chakra (located at the top of your head) and flowing through your body into the crystal, charging it with healing energy from within you. Allow yourself to feel this connection between you and the crystal for several minutes before releasing this visualization when you’re finished.
For more information on charging your Black Tourmaline, make sure to read this guide.